Windows Messenger versus MSN Messenger

TNC Discussion Board: Software Concerns: Windows Messenger versus MSN Messenger
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By elizabeth on Monday, November 24, 2003 - 08:45 pm:

Hello - I currently have email addresses at "hotmail" and at "Outlook". Recenly I have downloaded MSN6 which was recommended by a friend as "easy to download" with emoticons, etc.. It was easy...however, whenever I try to sign in to my hotmail account, now MSN Messenger opens up and boots me out of Windows Messenger system. I can't seem to locate "Windows Messenger" on my system although the icon sometimes appears and re-establishes itself in my task bar. Whenever it disapears again, how do I locate Windows Messenger on my system ? How do I delete MSN Messenger so that it stops interfering with Windows Messenger ? It appears that the two system are trying to open at the same time...and one overrides the other. It seems that the system needs Windows Messenger to operate MSOutlook. How do I delete the one I don't need, and keep the one I do ?? Please help me with this frustration.. Thanks.. -liz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By starbyrd on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 07:04 pm:

I am not an expert, but I would uninstall both of them and just re-install the one I plan to use. (since they are both microso** products, you would think they would play nice and give you a choice of which one to use today)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By gator on Sunday, October 10, 2004 - 12:35 pm:

I use msn messenger because I heard that windows messenger put spyware on your computer. Is that true?

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page