Printing a Web Page without losing the right side of page

TNC Discussion Board: Software Concerns: Printing a Web Page without losing the right side of page
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Paul Bernard on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 08:29 pm:

I have consistent problems of losing the printout on the right side of many printouts of web pages. I have reset the margins, have made the font smaller and yet the problem still persists. What must I do to insure that a web page will print showing a complete printout of each line and staying within the existing set margins? This occurs when I right click on a page and click print. Have never tried to print using the File menu. Any thoughts or a place to look it up. I am not sure where to begin to look.

Thanks

Paul Bernard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 02:07 pm:

Computer displays are wider than A4/letter size paper, so this is a common problem.

You could try highlighting the content that you want to print, then choose File>Print, and you'll get an option to "print selection" - that is, the stuff you've highlighted. If the page has sidebars that you don't want, this may solve your problem.

But if you want everything across the width of the page, you may have to take a screenshot and print the resulting picture file in "landscape" format - though again, you'll only get the part of the page which is shown on your screen.

You may find it easier simply to save the page and view it on your screen - not much use if you want to refer to it away from your PC, or when it's turned off.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page