Need info. about WORD & MS Outlook...

TNC Discussion Board: Software Concerns: How do i get microsoft word?: Need info. about WORD & MS Outlook...
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By April Marie on Saturday, April 03, 2004 - 06:26 pm:

Hello everyone. I just bought a new Sony Vaio pc, running WindowsXP as OS. It came with Microsoft Works 7.0 installed & also with MS Office Student & teacher Edition-2003 Trial (60 days).

This is my problem... I have never had Word before(although I often wished I did~I need it for college & work). Is Word part of the MS Works 7.0 or will I need to purchase the upgrade (which I qualify for) to the MS Office Student & Teacher Edition, to keep it?

Also, I have used Outlook Express in the past & really liked it. I am not sure if it is on my pc now... although I was able to locate MS Outlook... will I only be able to use Outlook if I upgrade to the full version of Office S&T Edition? Which is better, Outlook or OE? Is OE on here somewhere in the MS Works 7.0?

Thanks for any help you can provide! It's really hard getting used to a new pc with a new OS (I have been using ME for the past few years)... :)

*April*

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Saturday, April 03, 2004 - 08:31 pm:

Works includes a word processor - it must be a version of Word (possibly a "cut-down" version). I'd try both the trial and the Works word processor, and see if the Works version has what you need.

OE is the email part of Outlook - it's included in Outlook, or you can get it on it's own. Outlook also includes calendar, PIM, tasks, and notes functions as well as email. OE was included with my XP when I bought the PC, and I bought Office XP which included the full Outlook.

contd...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Saturday, April 03, 2004 - 08:31 pm:

...contd

I should think that the Works organiser is probably based on Outlook, but without all the bells and whistle - aimed at home rather than business users. If it's got all you need, there's no point in upgrading - and I'm not sure what the S&T version includes. They may not include the full outlook in that. Take a look round at http://www.microsoft.com to see what the different products and versions include.

Dianne Reuby
http://www.swindonvirtualoffice.co.uk

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page