RESTORING FILES FROM CD

TNC Discussion Board: Software Concerns: RESTORING FILES FROM CD
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Patricia A. Graham on Friday, April 23, 2004 - 09:44 pm:

I'm new to using read/write cd's and am simply not able to figure out how to restore my Quickbooks data (which I have no problem backing up using the QB backup feature) from my cd. It appears that the QB Restore feature is useless with cd's. The only way I've been able to restore is by simply dragging the file from the cd to my hard drive. What am I doing wrong? I don't know if this is just a QB problem as I haven't tried restoring/transferring data from any other program.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 08:41 pm:

I've had similar problems. What I have found out is that some programs won't read CDs if you've burned them as "open" (so you can add more files later).

And sadly a CD burned on XP isn't readable by Win98 (despite the info in Help which tells you that it is!)

Dianne Reuby
http://www.swindonvirtualoffice.co.uk

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page