JAVA HELP I can't hear the music

TNC Discussion Board: Software Concerns: Virus Scan Software: JAVA HELP I can't hear the music
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By vicki on Monday, June 14, 2004 - 09:31 pm:

I have avast free home virus protection on my Win98 Laptop. It works real well. A worm got through my trillion IM. Avast caught it. It infected my java files, so I deleted them 2 complete folders of files. I then uninstalled java runtime. I went to java sun and reinstalled thier java. Now my sound won't work on any geocities websites I built. I can hear the songs play on my other computer but not my laptop. I even reinstalled win 98. I wrote for help at microsoft but they weren't any help. I need (I think) the old win95 java files cause the one I need is not on my win98 disk. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By vicki on Monday, June 14, 2004 - 09:41 pm:

Added note on JAVA HELP. I can't hear the music. As a last resort I have ordered a win95 CD and I will uninstall win98. and install win95 then upgrade to win98 if I need too. Thats a lot of trouble. I hope I can fix it without having to do all of that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Floydyisms on Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 05:10 pm:

Hi Vicki,

I hope this will help you. Because of the microsoft/sun wrangling its dificult to find the old microsft java. try this link and see if it will fix your problem. I did and it works fine.

hope it helps :)

Glenn

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By vicki on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 07:30 am:

Hello Glenn,
The link never came through???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Floydyisms on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 07:21 pm:

Hi Vicki,

sorry, I actually didnt go there to recheck the link..:( I will try tonight and see if I can find someone who has a older version for download. Will post any findings :)

Glenn

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Floydyisms on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 11:40 pm:

OK..well...errrrr....I feel really dumb now...LOL..I guess the links are down and I tried all of them. Heres another suggestion, try this forum:http://java.about.com/mpboards.htm ive never used it but I was told it was a good place to get java help.

Sorry about those links..:(

Glenn

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Floydyisms on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 11:07 am:

me again, I emailed you some links to try Vicki, hope some work :)

Glenn

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By vicki on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 07:46 pm:

Hi Glenn
thanks a lot I will try them all till I find one.
Vicki

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page