Antivirus freeware

TNC Discussion Board: Software Concerns: Virus Scan Software: Virus assistance please!: Antivirus freeware
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Floydyisms on Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 02:34 pm:

hello all.
was reading thru some post and see a lot about virus protection. just my 2 cents, but ive had several and ive found avast to be a great protection. its free and will scan all incoming/outgoing emails along with your hard drive and any messengers you have ( yahoo, msn) and updates automaticlly. if your interested go here: http://www.avast.com/ and look for home edition. take some time to read thru the help as its a little complicated at first.
hope this helps.

Glenn

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By vicki on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 07:48 am:

I agree,
I have avast on both my computers and it is probably the very best free protection you can get. It scans internet mail, Peer-2-peer programs, instant messenger, outlook express, and has a standard shield which can be customized to your needs. Best of all you can turn off some of the features you don't use. I turned off peer-2-peer and outlook express on mine. Because I don't use them. Then I tweeked the standard shield to high sensitivity. But while we are on the subject... read my next post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By vicki on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 08:23 am:

Continued...
Watch out for some of those freebie virus protection programs though. I don't know about a lot of them but one in particular, the biggest hunk of garbage I ever downloaded was STOP-SIGN. Ad-aware classed it as bundled with SPYWARE.
Stay away from that one. It's usually a good idea to go to http://www.download.com and read the user opinion reviews first.
By the way if you go to download.com and put "stop-sign" in search you won't find it there. There is still a link to thier site but I wonder why all the user opinion reviews and the direct download link was pulled?... Hmmmmm.... Makes you wonder!

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page