Scanner

TNC Discussion Board: Software Concerns: Scanner
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Mikec on Tuesday, November 13, 2001 - 05:21 am:

I have a UMAX Astra 2000P scanner.

The items I am scanning (8.5 X 11) color, are taking about 250 kb's.

I need to reduce this as much as possible to facilitate sending online.

Please help me if you understand the problem and have a solution.

Thank you
bookherder@yahoo.com
mikec

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Melohawk on Tuesday, May 14, 2002 - 07:11 pm:

When you go to save the scanned image, check to see what compression ratio is given before you save. If your program gives you a choice as to what is best for email, choose that. If you don't have a choice for email perse, go with the smallest size allowed to start. Then find out which one gives you the best bang for your buck by sending the pic to yourself and testing it out.

You can also simply save the photo on your hard drive and call it up into your photo editing program. (Paintshop Pro, Adobe Photo Shop, etc.) These kinds of programs have a *resize* option that allows you to choose the size that you want to make the photo. ALWAYS work from a copy of the image so that you don't lose your original.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page