Device file deleted !

TNC Discussion Board: Software Concerns: Device file deleted !
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By stan on Saturday, November 24, 2001 - 11:04 pm:

I accidentally deleted a device file,
"acpi irq holder for pci irq steering". Deleted this file when removing a program from my computer. Because of this,my computer will not shut down properly.....I have tried to replace it by reinstalling Win98se; but it did nothing. Would like some advice...thank you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dee on Monday, December 31, 2001 - 03:45 am:

uh yeah i did the same mistake,if anyone wants to help me to.well my mom was using my computer and she accidently deleted my path for my cd-rom.so i dont know how to create the path D: again.so now i cant use my cd-rom untill i get the path so someone please help!!

thanx 4 any info
from Dee

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By debbe steiner on Saturday, July 06, 2002 - 05:00 am:

Due to viruses I had to uninstall win 98,ver 2 via dos and since I reinstalled with a copied installation disk I am now getting the msg that the System.ifi or windows registry cannot locate two device files (1) XWMSLPT.vxd and (2) MRTRATE.vxd. I believe this is why I cannot reinstall my Xerox workcentre (says the scanner driver cannot be located). I was told that bootlegged copies of installation disks do not always fully or correctly copy all files due to some being zipped/renamed. Anyone with info/advice on how to correct this?

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page