Email Links

TNC Discussion Board: Software Concerns: Email Links
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Ben Wolfe on Monday, December 24, 2001 - 07:44 am:

The links attached to some of my Email will not open, it tries, the little ol globe just keeps a spinning,I've reinstalled OE and IE but to no avail. This has happened just recently.. any ideas.

Thanks

Ben

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By johnelehn on Friday, January 18, 2002 - 04:03 pm:

Hello Ben,
we must be going to the same doctor, as the same thing has happened to me.
I have discovered an ugly way around it though. As the "little ol globe" is spinning, hit STOP and then hit GO. Works for me, but this is NOT a fix, just a "work around" until someone with more knowledge thamn I can tell me how to fix it. So far I too have reinstalled IE (5.5 SP1) and OE 5
Patched up to IE5.5 SP2 and finally upgraded to IE6.0 all to no avail!! Works ok in Outlook 2000 though. ANYONE please help!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Melohawk on Tuesday, May 14, 2002 - 07:20 pm:

More likely that your ISP is simply busy and will get your link to you when the bandwidth clears. I have noticed this too and including a problem with Int. Exp. trying to *take over* the working of my AOL browser when it comes to viewing pages.

Call up Int.Exp, under TOOLS click on Internet Options, click on CONNECTIONS and make sure your browser is the default,click on PROGRAMS and make sure your email program is the one listed to accept your email. If you are curious also go to ADVANCED and see how Int.Exp. is handling the URLS.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page