How do i get microsoft word?

TNC Discussion Board: Software Concerns: How do i get microsoft word?
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Windows 98 SE Installation Disk  2   09/05 03:13pm
Need info. about WORD & MS Outlook...  3   04/03 08:31pm
Affiliate software  2   04/22 01:40pm
Microsoft Works Word processor  2   06/08 05:20pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Sunday, December 30, 2001 - 03:27 am:

hello,
im kinda new to computers.i have a computer with WIN98.my friend also has WIN 98 but she has microsoft word,i tried it and it better than regular word pad.im wondering how do i get Word because i dont have it on my computer but i want it.how?

thanx 4 any info
DEE

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard on Sunday, December 30, 2001 - 09:27 pm:

Dee,

Word is part of a Microsoft Office Program, it is not free, the only way you can get it is to buy it (Or steal it! But I do not personally recommend theft.) It does not generally come with a new computer unless it is part of a more expensive package that includes Microsoft Office.

Richard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dee on Monday, December 31, 2001 - 03:39 am:

thanx richard
from dee

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Monday, December 31, 2001 - 04:36 pm:

Dee,
I've been using 602Pro, which is free. It's almost the same as MS Office (the icons aren't as good looking!) but it's based on the MS Office engine. It's a 13Mb download from http://www.software602.com

It has word processor, spreadsheet, database, photo editor and album, and album to keep files together (like MS Binder). You could give it a try before you buy MS Word, and see if you like it. You have to register, but I've been using it a while and had no spam etc from them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By H E Steele on Sunday, June 02, 2002 - 04:26 pm:

When using Microsoft Word I click Tools, Envelopes, but when I click on the address book icon I get the following message: "Logon failed. You must logon to Microsoft Exchange to access your address book. What is Microsoft Exchange and how do I use it?? Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Thursday, September 05, 2002 - 03:13 pm:

If you have WIN98 computer and MSWorks, I believe the Works word processor is now based on Word. I know this is the case with Works 2000 and up, but not sure if the case for earlier.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By writelink on Friday, September 06, 2002 - 10:48 pm:

Speaking of Microsoft Word. I now have MSWord 97 and Microsoft Outlook version 1998 (not using Express)on my computer. I have Office 2000 disks ready to install.

Do I need to uninstall both of the above programs and if I do that do I have to manually reenter all my contacts and my Word documents from my backup disks? Someone who seems knowledgeable said I don't have to do anything about the Word and Outlook program contents.

Can anyone help me?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Wednesday, September 11, 2002 - 05:20 pm:

You do not have to do anything to prepare for the Office 2k installation.

When you install, it will ask to remove previous versions of word and outlook. Say "YES" to that.

When you first start up the new version of outlook, it will ask if you want to use previous settings, say yes. That will keep all of your contacts/emails/settings.

Word files will be untouched, and you can open them with the Word 2000 just like you did with Word 97.

Josh Lowe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 08:02 am:

One of the nicest starter programs is MS Works - they have it a "suite" format now. The word processor used to be really nice for beginners. They have "WORD" as the word processor now, which is somewhat of a pity. I paid $150 canadian for MW Works and its worth every penny. It has a database, word processor and some handy libary features, as well as some household finance programs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Diane Parker on Saturday, July 26, 2003 - 04:42 pm:

My Computer crashed. Tech that repaired saved my software msoffice, etc. to my c drive. I need to know how to reinstall my msoffice etc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Friday, August 01, 2003 - 11:17 am:

There should be a "setup.exe" file which is the installation file - if not, you will have to install from the original disks or CD.

Double-click the setup file to start it, then it will give you instructions and options - if you want a full installation (everything) or just parts of the suite - for example, you may not want to install some of the programs that you never use. When unsure, I usually choose the recommended option - you can always remove or add stuff later.

Dianne

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 03:06 am:

Is there a simple way of creating an address book of a list of names and addresses to do envelopes for invitations in the MSWords program so I do not have to do them individually with TOOLS then labels and envelopes. It only allows you to enter one and it is lost when that envelope is printed.Hope I have made this clear enough as I am a newbie in MS Words and have no manual. Thxs for the help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jgvernonco on Friday, October 17, 2003 - 08:44 pm:

You don't need a manual to get help.

Per my Word 2000, you can click on help, then "Office on the Web", and get to the Work Homepage.

If you are using another Word version, it will be similar.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Julie on Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 07:38 pm:

I need help please! I have Windows ME and for the last couple of days when I try to open Word 2000 my computer freezes up and says that resources are low and the system is unstable. Acrobat and Excel open without a problem.

Can I re-install Word from the CD?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Julie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Deb Slatterie on Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 10:32 pm:

Julie, you might need to add more memory (RAM chips). How much RAM do you have now? Also, you could try increasing the size of your swap file (the free space on your hard drive that is used to transfer items temporarily and acts as a type of RAM). Your Word packaging should tell you how much RAM is recommended to run the program. That is usually a minimum, so more is better. Good thing RAM is so cheap these days!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jgvernonco on Monday, November 24, 2003 - 12:09 pm:

A good point by Deb, as ME is such a memory hog.

Yes, you can go to add/remove programs and click on Word, click on remove. It will than ask you if you want to delete or repair. Click repair. It will ask you to insert your CD when it needs it. Just follow the prompts.

Let us know how you come out!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Deanna Converse on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 06:57 am:

I have MS Publisher installed on a computer that is running very slowly. I would like to install Publisher on my new computer. If I uninstall MS Publisher from my old computer, will I be able to use the same program discs to install on a new computer? Will Microsoft allow me to use the same registration code since the Publisher program I have is a one-user version?

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page