Converting Tapes to Cd's.

TNC Discussion Board: Software Concerns: Converting Tapes to Cd's.
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Norbert Reni on Monday, December 31, 2001 - 04:42 am:

I've posted this query to another similar site and received an unsatisfactory answer. I'm hoping that someone on this forum will come up with info I can understand and use.

The query is this: I have a large collection of music tapes that I've purchased over the decades. I'd like to convert them to CD's. I have a lead plugged from the jack of the tape player to the jack connection of my sound card. I've been told that I need to download something called a "wave file." Where do I find them? And what's the procedure in using them?

Expectantly yours,
Norbert

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Peggy on Saturday, March 23, 2002 - 11:30 pm:

You might try searching this site for information relating to your question. On the menu on the left side of the page, look under Utilities, then click on Keyword Search. Then do a search for the word...tape. That should lead you to the information. Hope it helps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Melohawk on Tuesday, May 14, 2002 - 04:27 pm:

Go to www.goldwave.com and download their digital editor. It is a free demo program that will allow you a lot of use before it starts bothering you to register and pay.

Make sure your tape deck is plugged into your soundcard for stereo (both R & L jacks) or mono and choose the settings accordingly in goldwave (they have plenty of help that comes with the program and on the site).

You will have full control over the wav you are making and it will automatically convert and save to your hard drive upon clicking to save. You can edit, trim, patch, repair, or completely distort the whole thing any way you want to.

Good Luck!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Elaine Gregersen on Tuesday, November 25, 2003 - 12:20 am:

I have been using Pyro Cakewalk and really enjoy it, however, something happened and I lost the wave while recordings. I know this should silly, what do I do to get it back.
I tape from cassette to Cakewalk.
Really appreciate any help.
Elaine

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page