FORMAT A CDR--OR NOT

TNC Discussion Board: Software Concerns: FORMAT A CDR--OR NOT
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Jess Dee on Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 12:41 am:

I Know that I'm supposed to format a CDRW --but what about a CDR?--am i supposed to format a CDR too

thanks

Jess Dee

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Melohawk on Tuesday, May 14, 2002 - 04:02 pm:

As far as I know there is no *formatting* to be done for either one. CD-RW is mainly used for saving data and CD-R is mainly used for audio. You should be able to simply take the disc out of the box, put it in your CD burner and use it.

What you may encounter is that, if you save data on a CD-R, when you go to use it again it will say that it is *read only* and that you can't CHANGE the data. Simply save it on your C drive( or wherever) as another file with a different name and you can again use it as before. Programs that use 2 or more files to compile a final result (such as My Adv. Label Designer, etc.) do not save well on CD-R. They need the accessability of CD-RW and even then are fussy to regenerate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 02:26 pm:

If you format a CDRW, you can save to it just like a floppy--in other words, without burning to it. It is WAY, WAY FASTER than using a floppy though and lots more room for files!

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page