Updating The Driver For TV Tuner Card For Web TV

TNC Discussion Board: Software Concerns: Updating The Driver For TV Tuner Card For Web TV
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By longlashes on Saturday, May 04, 2002 - 10:29 am:

Hi,
Using Win98SE. My concern is not with the installation of WebTV or getting the program guide I need. It is with the driver. The device manager tells me that the current driver is up to date- Intel 810e Chipset Graphics Driver. But I still get no TV viewing of the channels. Troubleshooting for TV reception in Windows tells me that I should seek out the display adapter driver in the models list called... All In One or All In One Pro and to then click next to install this driver that I selected. When I do, a pop-up window then tells me it would not be recommended to use this driver. So which is it. Would it be safe to go ahead and use it or not. It's confusing at this point. Curious minds want to know because curious minds would like to watch TV via the PC sometimes. Thanks for your help as always. longlashes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Monday, May 06, 2002 - 08:28 pm:

Hey longlashes :)

First, what documentation do you have with the TV card? Or, what kind is it? The reason it's telling you that installing those drivers is not recommended could be because your card is not an ATI All in wonder card. So, step one is figuring out exactly what brand and model the tv card is.

Secondly, is the TV tuner seperate from the video card? Look on the back of your pc. Follow the cable that is connected from your monitor to your pc. Is the tuner on the same slot as where the monitor is plugged in? If it isn't, then perhaps your video card is an Intel, but you have the All-in-Wonder card seperate. So, you can't install drivers for the TV tuner for your video.

Third, are you sure that you are hooking the tv cable up properly? Are you just going with antenna? If so, check and make sure that you have signal going to the PC. (I'm guessing that it's a tuner connection...but whatever kind it is, you need to make sure your wires are setup properly).

Let me know what comes of those suggestions.

Josh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Patrick D.J.Torres Sr. on Thursday, May 23, 2002 - 06:15 pm:

I've been trying to get MY Win98 s.e. "WebTV" for windows to operate for about 2 years now, "on & off" depending on whether I want to be aggrevated that day or not !
I also bought an "ATI-TV WONDER" (vers#200 ) Video Tuner card SPECIFICALLY designed for viewing television on the pc ( pic-in-pic/full scrn ) and although it always worked well with My Cable TV connection, it NEVER, EVER" permitted viewing "WebTV for win98" nor did it Ever find a signal from the added "wavefore" program" which seems to be part of the WebTV program in win98 s.e. .
finally, I got so disgusted, I disabled the card in "Contol Panel\System" until I feel like yanking it out, but always hesitate hoping someone will figure it out and share the big secret !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Patrick D.J.Torres Sr. on Thursday, May 23, 2002 - 06:17 pm:

ALSO...I have only gotten as far as obtaining the "PROGRAM GUIDE" for My AREA CODE and it seems so far, that it is nothing more than a very expensive "PROGRAM GUIDE" -PERIOD!
I doubt Bill G. ever figured it out either !
Sorry to not be much help, but at least I have GREAT EMPATHY for Your frustration!
Should anyone ever find this "BIG SECRET" please share it with Me so I can at least have some peace of mind with this issue, and stop feeling so cheated whenever I see it in the windows set-up in "Add/Remove" !
Good Luck friend , Your're NOT alone in this & niether am I ( I'm sure! )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By longlashes on Thursday, May 30, 2002 - 04:20 am:

Now I know it's not little ole Newbie me. Thanks everyone for the great input. longlashes

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page