Windows XP takes too long to load!

TNC Discussion Board: Windows XP help: Windows XP takes too long to load!
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Sankaran on Sunday, September 08, 2002 - 06:06 am:

I upgraded from ME to XP a few months ago and found everything going great. Then I made a few changes to the opening menu. Now when I turn my computer on Wndows XP COMES ON WITHOUT ANY OF THE ICONS and after almost two minutes the icons appear! It has become even slower than Wjndows 95 to load! Any ideas?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Wednesday, September 11, 2002 - 05:28 pm:

This is some crazy bug with XP pro; I believe it only affects the early corporate edition release. Not quite sure what causes it or how to fix it, though.

Josh Lowe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ste on Thursday, October 03, 2002 - 07:42 pm:

Try System Restore.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Colin on Sunday, November 17, 2002 - 01:14 am:

If you are having difficulty with a slow bootup in XP download and run bootVis.exe It is a boot optimizer and got my boot time to around 55 seconds. You may also want to get ntregopt to optimize your registry. Both are free.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Friday, June 27, 2003 - 08:24 pm:

I have XP Pro & there is no slowness in booting up. I have a new Dell 2350 Dimension. Perhaps that may make a difference.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By zzmel on Saturday, September 27, 2003 - 07:01 pm:

I am not certain what you changed but it must have been somewhere in the operating system of your computer. First choice is try a restore. Do some housekeeping by cleaning up your files of junk which causes many, many problems. Also check to see if your hard disk is fragmented. If you have over 10% of a fragmented disk, your system will become sluggish because your drive has to work much harder in seeking the necessary files to run a program. These files are scattered all over the disk. It is also hard on the drive and it will wear out much sooner. You can actually hear the drive going through a lot of motion accessing information. There's more. What does your system tray look like. Are there many icons there? If there is, you have many programs trying to start up when you reach the desktop, it will cause slowness and even freezeups. Having enough RAM on your computer is important as well as the operating speed. There are so many factors to consider.

zzmel

zzmel

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By lunarcub on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 02:08 pm:

i recently installed office 2003 and now cant send e mail without opening oe program

any ideas?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Bob Flaiz on Wednesday, July 14, 2004 - 05:49 am:

I am using windows XP and outlook express Mail
when I open message no problem when i clickon another addy inMessage i get a clunk -just a clunk nothing happens = if i cut and paste it into I.E. Address box it opens normally what have i done an does any one Know how i can fix it so i can open other addys in Messages thank you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Shirley Thebo on Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 01:51 am:

I am using windows XP Professional Version. I don't know what has happened but I cannot send email messages anymore. They go into a place called outbox on my computer. If I click on the messages and go up to where it says send emails it shows they are going but if I send them to myself I do not get them. Any one that can help, I sure would thank you.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page