User profile

TNC Discussion Board: Windows XP help: User profile
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By LWatson on Friday, September 13, 2002 - 01:42 pm:

We recently bought a new Dell computer and created two User ID's. I would like to take one of the user id's off. The operating system is Windows XP and I am not familiar with it at all. Any tips?
Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Friday, September 13, 2002 - 07:39 pm:

Click start/control panel (or, if you are using the standard windows start menu - start/settings/control panel)

Click user accounts (or double-click if you are using standard view).

Select the account, and then click "remove".

IMPORTANT: Make sure you have any documents that are in "my documents" and any other favorites stored on the other profile before you delete the account, because it will remove those things.

Josh Lowe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Fred Hoffman on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 09:02 am:

Hey Josh,

You were alive and well and very helpful last week.

Is the Newbie Club still functioning?

Nobody at support is answering and the forum seems to have stalled.

Will you give me any idea what is going on?

TIA again,

Fred Hoffman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Saturday, September 21, 2002 - 02:26 am:

Fred, check my other posts. I have no idea about the inner-workings of the newbie club, but I would certainly keep emailing their support address, email Joe at his address, and call that number I posted in another message.

Hope that works out for you... if not, I've got a hosting suggestion.

Josh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Fred Hoffman on Saturday, September 21, 2002 - 12:48 pm:

Hey Josh,

I am certainly open to any suggestions YOU have to offer on ANY subject.
Right now you are the only bright spot in this "newbies" frustration.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 03:13 am:

Well, for hosting, here is a well-guarded secret:

http://www.wiredhub.net/ - 2.95/mo, good support, reliability, and ease of use.

Not exactly sure what is going on with the newbie club hosting program...nor why they don't respond to your emails.

Well, since you are open to any suggestions I make, I would like to "suggest" that you open a bank account in my name. :)

Josh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Fred Hoffman on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 07:36 pm:

Hey Josh,
How does it feel to be the world's "answer man?"

For a considerable amount of time you have been the only person responding to any Newbie questions. Have you noticed? Did I mention how much we appreciate you? When do you sleep?

Without you right now the "forum" would cease to exist. Just a bunch of Newbies seeking help from other Newbies---frightening thought.

My hosting problem is complicated by the fact that my previous host has already transferred my name server info (DNS) to the Newbie club. I will contact the "wiredhub.net" that you suggest as soon as I finish this note. Will they be able to retrieve and transfer to themselves the info that the Newbie club is now holding hostage?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Fred Hoffman on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 07:37 pm:

As for the bank account.........I went ahead and opened it in your name. I sent the account number and all the info you will need to access the account to the Newbie support crew. (That's the thirteenth email I have sent them in the last two weeks----since the day I "opened" my web account with them.) I'm sure they will forward the info to you. Shame to have all that money sitting there doing nothing. GOOD LUCK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 09:18 pm:

Hey Fred,

They will be able to make the changes for you the same way. Just update the DNS record to reflect wiredhub.net's nameservers. You can do this yourself by logging into your domain with the company you registered your domain with, or you can get wiredhub.net to help you with it.

It's discouraging to hear about your problems and the fact that you don't get any help from this site. I used to email Tom Glander all the time to just talk about whatever, when he was with the newbie club. I'm really not sure how things work now.

As for me being the only one answering questions...not always. Dianne Rubey answers questions a lot, and every now and then someone else does it too.

Thanks for the good laugh, also.

Josh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Fred Hoffman on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 10:55 pm:

Thanks guy.

You made my day-----AGAIN.

WIREDHUB HERE I COME!!!!

My apologies to Ms. Rubey

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Fred Hoffman on Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 10:20 pm:

Hey Josh,

It took the Wired-Hub help desk exactly 17 seconds to respond to my pleas. Must be Brits, huh?

I'll have a web site again soon. Many, many thanks. I bragged about you shamelessly. Hope your Mum hears about it.

I also sold the rest of my Enron stock and put the proceeds in your bank account. Let me know when the Newbie Club sends you the access info, huh?

Many, many thanks.

Fred

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anne Fuller on Sunday, February 09, 2003 - 11:57 pm:

I am trying to display a picture icon next to my name on the start menu. I have a picture icon on the welcome screen but it does not appear on the top of the start menu where my name is. I am the administrator. I have also created a second user in hopes of making that cause the pictures to appear. The picture appears for the second user on the start menu but not for my name when I log on. Is this something that the Windows xp Home Edition does not do/ I have installed several upgrades in hopes that that would work but it did not. Any Help?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anne Fuller on Sunday, February 09, 2003 - 11:59 pm:

I am trying to display a picture icon next to my name on the start menu. I have a picture icon on the welcome screen but it does not appear on the top of the start menu where my name is. I am the administrator. I have also created a second user in hopes of making that cause the pictures to appear. The picture appears for the second user on the start menu but not for my name when I log on. Is this something that the Windows xp Home Edition does not do/ I have installed several upgrades in hopes that that would work but it did not. Any Help?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Sunday, September 12, 2004 - 12:06 am:

How can I change who the Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition is registered to? My (ex) registered it in her name, and I would like to re-register in my name.This is my computer and my copy or Windows XP I would just like to take her name off.The Windows copy is registered to this,MY computer.
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Vic on Sunday, September 12, 2004 - 09:36 pm:

For information on how to change the registration name for your operating system go to Microsoft's site and search the Knowledge Base for article:

310441 - How to Change Name and Company Information After You Install Windows

Be sure to read and follow carefully as it involves editing the registry.

I would have provided the link but it is too long and doesn't work properly in this message.

Hope this is helpful,
Vic

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page