Drop down urls

TNC Discussion Board: Windows XP help: Drop down urls
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Upload  1   08/01 01:16pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Andy Vandenende on Monday, September 23, 2002 - 11:34 am:

Since I upgraded to XP,for some reason I can't remember,I started using the Yahoo search bar each time I went to a website instead of the address bar.I don't know ,if this also applies to windows 95/98,but I now have this enormous long dropdown list I can't get rid of .Deleting does not work.Neither does the free History kill program,that claims it will.Can anyone help?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 03:00 am:

Is it in the internet explorer address bar, or is it in the yahoo bar?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Vandenende on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 01:43 pm:

In the Yahoo bar.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 09:13 pm:

Not quite sure how to remove the entries in the yahoo companion bar. A search of their help did not answer the question either. I would suggest perhaps uninstalling it, then reinstalling it... although that's kindof a rough solution, I don't know of another one to try.

Josh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dolan on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 06:27 pm:

, Open IE/Tools/Internet Options/General tab and click the "Clear History" button. If that doesn't work look under the "Content" tab, click the "Auto complete" button and make sure there's a checkmark in front of "Web addresses" and click the "Clear Forms" button and OK your way out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Deb Slatterie on Sunday, October 05, 2003 - 10:39 pm:

Andy, have you tried highlighting an address in the dropdown list and hitting the Delete button, then repeating for the next entry, and so on? This also works for dropdown boxes on email site login boxes, etc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Tuesday, January 10, 2006 - 11:35 pm:

i haave also been trying to remove things from the drop down list i have been going to lots of sites just to do that can anybody help

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ncanimal on Saturday, January 14, 2006 - 09:06 pm:

Wow, all these years and all it took was to highlight items in the dropdown bar and pres delete!
Thanks!

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page