Re-install windows xp.

TNC Discussion Board: Windows XP help: Re-install windows xp.
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Wayne on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 05:09 pm:

Hi, When I restart my computer I have to go thru the blue screen checking my hard drive for errors. Will this affect re-installing xp? As I
understand windows has to restart a few times.
Thank You.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Wednesday, October 30, 2002 - 01:55 am:

stop chkdsk

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By zzmel on Saturday, September 27, 2003 - 07:31 pm:

Yes, windows does restart about 3 times during the install. Since there is so much going on, the restarts are very important. This makes it for a clean install which makes system changes automatically. I am not sure what you mean by "blue screen"? Actually, once you do a reinstall, windows goes through the sequences in setting up files and system configurations. The blue screen that you may be talking about is the various sequence of the install. The background is a light blue with Microsoft telling you of what features you will have. After the install is completed, the computer will bootup with the normal startup sequence and goes into the windows loading mode until the signon screen appears.

zzmel

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Ginnie on Thursday, December 02, 2004 - 12:18 pm:

I'm using WXP Home on a Dell Inspiron 4150 laptop. When I close the cover to place it in Sleep Mode, it locks up and all I get is a black screen.
Hitting Ctl/Alt/Delete won't restart it, and I have no restart button, so the only thing I can do is pull the battery pack and the power cord - not something you want to do to a computer.
I've bee told to reinstall XP, but am concerned about loosing settings and files.
Please advise.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page