Computer freezing up/error messages to send

TNC Discussion Board: Windows XP help: Computer freezing up/error messages to send
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Debbie Hanshaw on Friday, November 01, 2002 - 11:07 am:

My computer is always freezing up on me. When I go
to close a program or even be in the middle of useing it, up will come an error message "end task now" and to send error message to Microsoft. It also tells me that I'll lose any information, etc.
Someone said that Microsoft does that so they can spy on everything on your computer. I've never had this much trouble with Windows 3.1, 95, or 98.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By zzmel on Saturday, September 27, 2003 - 07:55 pm:

Hey, you are not the only one! It happens to me quite frequently. I would imagine that several things happen. Programs would just stay there or even on the internet that happens when opening a page or trying to close a page, having too many programs or web site opened causing more memory resources to be used, RAM not ample, speed, junk piles up on the internet which can be many thousands of files and other junk, unwelcome cookies, spyware, fragmented drives, drivers not current which affects performance of your attached hardware, and lots more that can be a real pain-in-the-neck. It used to be that computers were simple and worked. Now, you are confronted with computers being complicated and the internet being a "zoo". There are no sure answers and it is best that you know your computer so you can fix problems yourself and save lots of money.

zzmel

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jgvernonco on Sunday, September 28, 2003 - 03:17 pm:

As zzmel has pointed out before, a major problem is folks upgrading to XP, not knowing that XP requires more resources than 9X/ME. Sometimes, the old box just isn't up to the new OS!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 08:53 pm:

I truly HATE XP! And I am beginning to strongly like HP products in general. I have the same issues with my XP, and it came with the pc, it is not an "upgrade" in even the most painful sense of the word!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jgvernonco on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 02:59 am:

Try W2K! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Katherine Ulrich on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 09:42 am:

Can any one tell me where I can find something that sets the amt.of time I have on MSN during a program or etc.I did one of their upgrades a while back and ever since every few minutes it will pop up that the web can't be found.I was told when I find it to set it for never.I am useing windows XP on a yr old computer.I keep my cookies emptied,I defragment often And I have no where's used up even half of storage.Everytime I do one of their upgrades, something messes up.
Katherine

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By linda prokopetz on Monday, August 15, 2005 - 10:23 pm:

I can no longer get free games on games.msn.com.The word error keeps comig up.Help..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Tuesday, August 16, 2005 - 02:23 pm:

I've just tried, and site has technical difficulties at the moment - that may have caused an error for you. Do you get that error page, or another error?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By linda prokopetz on Tuesday, August 16, 2005 - 06:13 pm:

I get error.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Wednesday, August 17, 2005 - 11:39 am:

What is the error?

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page