Disc cleanup in XP...NOT!!!!...*LOL*

TNC Discussion Board: Windows XP help: Disc cleanup in XP...NOT!!!!...*LOL*
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Glenn on Friday, December 27, 2002 - 10:35 pm:

hello all,
Now heres my problem. I have tried to run disc cleanup on XP several times. It starts to scan the drive to about 10% then stops. completely!! any ideas? ive shut everything down that i can thru ctrl / alt / delete, but doesnt help.

Thanks!!

Glenn

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kathleenhooker on Sunday, January 05, 2003 - 11:52 am:

Hi Glen,

When you use control, alt, delete, how do you know what to delete? I had no problem with this with Windows 98, but with Windows XP, I don't know what to delete. In Windows 98, I knew enough not to delete systray, but now everything looks foreign to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Glenn on Sunday, January 05, 2003 - 08:06 pm:

hi Kathleen..
I know, XP shows tons of stuff..I just started shutting down till I spotted a problem. I havent tried since I left this message, but at 1 point my PC went blue screen. Obviously I shut SOMETHING down I shouldnt have..*L*..perhaps someone on here knows better..sorry..:(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Glenn on Monday, January 06, 2003 - 03:02 pm:

hello again Kathleen..:)
I currently have posted my disc clean question along with the ctrl / alt / delete question on the microsft XP usenet. As soon as I have a reply, I will post here..:)

Have a great day!!

Glenn

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Leo on Saturday, September 20, 2003 - 05:16 pm:

Hi Glenn: Seems (my XP) when i hit ctrl alt del shows nothing is running. I always close all my programs before cleaning and since nothing shows up when I hit ctrl alt del I am thinking it is working. Is that the way it is suppose to be? Seems Kathleen gets alot of stuff on there. Which way is it suppose to be? Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 01:04 am:

Okay in Windows xp you go to run type in msconfig then hit okay now a window comes up go to start up tab and disable the start up and shut down windows to get it to take effect the come back up

retrace steps to able all again

Brenda

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 11:15 pm:

Whoa....this is not good!! I'm a puter novice & get confused quite easily, but the posts here sound like someone is confusing "Disk Cleanup" with "Scandisk". They're completely different aren't they?!
As long as I'm here...I went into my DiskCleanup earlier(to gain disk space)& besides the Temp. Int.Files(which I understand),there was something named WebClient/Publisher Temp.Files.What is that,& how can I view whats in there to know that I really want to delete it?
Thanx, Cher

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page