Lost Restore ability

TNC Discussion Board: Windows XP help: Lost Restore ability
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Monday, January 13, 2003 - 01:27 am:

After the last automatic windows update I have lost the ability to use a restore point. It appears as though it is restoring but at the end it tells me that it can't be restored and to pick another restore point. It makes no difference on which I pick the answer is always the same. I'm running Windows XP home edition. Any help out here?
Thanks, Doug

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Sunday, March 02, 2003 - 12:44 pm:

I have xp pro,if you have F8 key on home,try safe mode,follow instructions to regain system restore.I lost it& any many other functions in the effort to regain it so tonight when I fluked getting back the use of F8,it was after weeks of frustration like winning lotto.
As I was'nt expecting it to work I feel I pressed the key just as computor started to boot.
Merril

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Monday, September 22, 2003 - 03:10 pm:

Are you making restore points yourself, or using the ones the computer makes?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Ime spartacus on Saturday, July 02, 2005 - 04:45 pm:

To get it to work you will have to switch system restore off for about 20 seconds and then switch it back on .Of course you will lose all your restore points but it will then work for a while and then the same thing will happen again its happened to me a lot of times.To switch off system restore go to start,my computer properties click on system restore put tic in box turn of system restore to turn back on remove tick.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page