Reconfiguring printer after upgrading to Windowx XP

TNC Discussion Board: Windows XP help: Reconfiguring printer after upgrading to Windowx XP
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ejdodson on Saturday, January 25, 2003 - 06:55 pm:

I have a Dell Dimension L466c with a Canon L6000 Multipass printer. The PC came with Windows 98. I have just purchased the Windows XP upgrade.

The install went well until I got to the Canon printer. As instructed, I went out to the Canon website, followed the instructions (uninstalled the existing software), downloaded the XP compatible version, installed it, reconnected the printer and restarted. I added the Canon as the default printer, but Windows still doesn't reocognize it is there. I also got an error message that the "cstart.DLL" file could not be found (although a search indicated the file was in the Windows\System32 folder.

Anyone else have a similar problem and eventually came up with a solution?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ejdodson on Sunday, January 26, 2003 - 04:07 pm:

An update on my message above: I went thru the steps once more time. I forgot to mention previously that I got a message that an application file called "monitr32.exe" could not be found. I did a search and nothing came up. So I went out on the net and searched for the file and came up with references to it relating to another Canon printer. What gave me a shock is that the file size was shown as 8104K. This suggests that a major piece of the printer install program is missing, and I have no idea of where to get it, since it apparently did not get downloaded with the new drivers program (XPL6000.exe).

I hope someone out there has some insight into what is going wrong.

Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Ross on Tuesday, July 15, 2003 - 08:57 am:

Give me your email and i will give you a text file that explains it all. The downloads for XP are irrritating from canon as I am currently busy with the same mess. SOme times they work other times they dont (the downloads).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 03:24 am:

Unfortunately, I am experiencing the same problem. I have a Canon Multipass 5500 printer. I downloaded the driver file from canon's web site. It does not work. I get the same message that the file "CSTART.CLL" cannot be found. I have also Windows XP preinstalled on my computer.
Is there anyone whose experienced the same problem but has come up with a solution?
Please let me know.
Thanks.
A.M.Lou

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 03:26 am:

Unfortunately, I am experiencing the same problem. I have a Canon Multipass 5500 printer. I downloaded the driver file from canon's web site. It does not work. I get the same message that the file "CSTART.DLL" cannot be found. I have also Windows XP preinstalled on my computer.
Is there anyone whose experienced the same problem but has come up with a solution?
Please let me know.
Thanks.
A.M.Lou

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Dee Painter on Friday, September 19, 2003 - 10:24 pm:

These are fairly old posts......has anyone found a solution to this problem? I too have a Cannon..just sitting on the shelf because of this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Dee
deezs2@aol.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Sunday, September 21, 2003 - 03:23 am:

Same issue; Canon sitting on the shelf and ready to toss it in the trash and get a all in one that is supported by it's manufacturer!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Sunday, May 16, 2004 - 02:23 pm:

I don't know if this will help but, I turned off the install wizard in XP to get my printer to work. Just install it manually with the install instructions that comes with the printer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Pankaj on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 02:53 pm:

I have Canon Multipass c5500 . I have installed Canon Multipass c5500 drivers on Win2K Machine.
I got a message that an application file called "monitr32.exe" could not be found. I did a search and nothing came up.

I hope someone out there has some insight into what is going wrong.

Thanks.
Pankaj Gujarathi

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Draman Samu on Wednesday, December 22, 2004 - 02:08 am:

I am experiencing the same old frustrating problem of "an application called monitre32.exe is not found"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Gabe Ballard on Thursday, February 17, 2005 - 01:08 am:

Yeah, I am having the same problem; just upgraded to WindowsXP and now my printer is worthless. Has anyone found a solution to the missing "Monitr32.exe" ? I would love to know where I could download it. Thanks...

Gabe Ballard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Gabe Ballard on Thursday, February 17, 2005 - 01:55 am:

Hey people, can't find Monitr32.exe. The best I can do is the following, but at least my MPc5500 can print now... Do a Windows XP "Workaround" using a printer emulator mini driver. Go here for instructions:

http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=OSCompatibilitySupportAct&keycode=windr&fcategoryid=238&modelid=6999#MiniDriver

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page