Who is telling the truth?

TNC Discussion Board: Windows XP help: Who is telling the truth?
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Ed on Friday, January 31, 2003 - 01:18 am:

I have a new Compaq XP, all of a sudden when I send/receive email it disconnects me from my ISP. I looked & found hang up after sending/receiving checked so unchecked it. The check keeps coming back. I was told to uninstal/install outlook, still no good. Compaq says its microsoft problem but found out it's not it's there lic agreement. Got a call from a senior tech who kept looking in a book & sd his computer was different than mine. He said it's not a software problem it's my ISP & POP 3 prob has 2 diff names in sending & receiving. I called my ISP they said they don't, who do I believe?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Wednesday, February 05, 2003 - 03:24 am:

Hi Ed,

All I can think of is a complete format and ISP change, failing that, and if you don't succeed send the computer back.

The senior tech rambles on but does NOT confirm it is NOT a computer error. The warranty is live in effect.

Hope you have some luck.

Steve.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page