Xp upgrade help !

TNC Discussion Board: Windows XP help: Xp upgrade help !
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sunni on Wednesday, March 26, 2003 - 01:20 pm:

Hi, I now have windows 98 se. I am going to install xp. Do I have to uninstall windows 98 or does it go in as an upgrade. Will I have to re-install all my other programs also ? ( office xp etc.) I'm not sure how to do this and really need help, so I don't mess things up.
Thanks,
sunni

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By davidacox on Monday, April 28, 2003 - 10:02 am:

Hi Sunni,
I would format your hard drive (Clean Install) check on M/S website for H.C.T. hard-ware compatibility test before you install XP. By formatting your hard-drive you will clean every thing off this will ensure you have no problems from your previous O/S then you will have to re-load your programs from your C/D's save all your work, your e-mail Add book etc. You will have to check your Sram as Windows needs a little more the requirement are on there site, Sunni if you get stuck or need any information for re-install drop me a line.
Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Wednesday, April 30, 2003 - 12:17 am:

hi sunny,it all depends if it's an xp upgrade or full version. i just upgraded to xp from windows 98se with no problem. i thought i had a problem with my display colors. before i upgraded i had 4 colors. after i had 2 16&32 bit no 256 color.i talked to a computer expert today he said this is ok for xp. since mine was an upgrade i have to kept windows 98se on my computer. for the full version of xp i would uninstall 98se first then load xp.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By zzmel on Saturday, September 27, 2003 - 09:15 pm:

Hello Sunni:

I also have win 98SE. I have both the win XP upgrade and win XP full install. I decided to go the full install as many people have told me that doing a clean install is much better and has more stability. I also had win ME upgrade and I took it off my computer as all I had was problem after problem. I threw away ME because it was useless. When I first installed win XP home version, it worked great. Now with all the hundreds of patches, it has affected on how my computer functions. It's worse off than before. So where is the reasoning behind this fiasco? Win ME was something that should never have surfaced. That was a big mistake that Microsoft made. Win 98SE is still a lot better than win ME. I wish I had a MAC.

zzmel

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page