Taskbar icon buttons.

TNC Discussion Board: Windows XP help: Taskbar icon buttons.
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kathirostash on Tuesday, April 08, 2003 - 12:37 am:

Is there a way to remove the icons that come up everytime you reboot the computer that are on the far right side of the taskbar? I can close them each time I reboot but then they are there the next time. Isn't there a way to permanently remove these?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Monday, April 14, 2003 - 07:31 pm:

You need to take them off your start-up menu folder - this depends which version of Windows you are using.

If Win98, look in the help for "Remove from Start up" - it has instructions, but I can't remember them!

WinXP calls this area the Notification Area, so check the help for that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Bill Miller on Monday, July 14, 2003 - 01:56 pm:

Go to Start,Run and type in "MSCONFIG". On popup,click on the Startup Tab and check off anything that you do not need or want on the taskbar. Next time you start up they will be gone..

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page