WINDOWS EXPLORER

TNC Discussion Board: Windows XP help: WINDOWS EXPLORER
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By MATTIE HUFF on Thursday, April 17, 2003 - 04:42 am:

THIS MAY SOUND REALLY STUPID BUT I HAVE COPD AND I FORGET THINGS REALLY BAD AND CAN'T SEEM TO RETAIN INFORMATION AND THIS IS EMBARASSING BUT HERE GOES. WHAT DO I DO TO OPEN WINDOWS EXPLORER? COULD YOU TELL ME SOME THINGS ABOUT IT? IMPORTANT PARTS.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Thursday, April 17, 2003 - 03:02 pm:

Hi Mattie,

The quickest way is to press the Windows key + E together. (The windows key should be between the Ctrl key and the Alt key, by your spacebar, with the Windows "flying window" logo on.)

If you click on the Folders button at the top of Explorer, it toggles between showing your directories (folders) on the left side, and showing the XP navigation pane.

You can click the Search button to search for a file or folder - use an * for if you can't remember the exact name. For example, home*.* will search for any file that starts "home". If you know the filetype, you could do home*.txt to search for all text files that start "home".

Hope this helps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Monday, April 21, 2003 - 12:51 am:

Hi, Mattie- If, like mine, your computer doesn't have a Windows key, click on start, then programs. Windows Explorer should be in that list, so you just click on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By zzmel on Saturday, September 27, 2003 - 09:18 pm:

Better yet, download My Power Desk 5. It's a free program unless you want to buy it and have more features and has no ads. I find using it is a lot faster and just a good program. You can find it on www.mywebattack.com.

zzmel

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page