Foreign words, letters, numbers, and symbols

TNC Discussion Board: Windows XP help: Foreign words, letters, numbers, and symbols
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Monday, May 19, 2003 - 01:37 pm:

I have been receiving messages that look similar to this--348rugfm fjg'/ 9ij';. 543edc3w /.'=-oi -09';mmj =[-00' /'l[[98 ''//.-0jjm ==0[''/,bb ii988';k' /.''[[=-iih previous to my email messages. Sometimes, hundreds of these symbols will appear before the normal email. I don't understand what this is all about. Can anybody help me with this? How can I get this to stop? Is there someone I should contact to get my answer? Thank you, Denis Snider

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuyby on Tuesday, May 20, 2003 - 10:39 am:

This may be someone who is using a different Windows language setting - for example, Chinese, Russian or Korean use a different alphabet and language settings. When emails come from a PC with those settings, they appear as rubbish on a PC with English alphabet settings.

If you don't know anyone who is likely to be using a PC with a non-English alphabet as standard, they're probably spam.

Or it could be HTML email, which your email program is not displaying OK. Which email and Windows are you using?

I used to get loads of these, but they seem to have slacked off lately - perhaps they're coming to you instead!

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page