Task Bar - cannot resize

TNC Discussion Board: Windows XP help: Task Bar - cannot resize
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ILoveMyDobes on Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 12:53 pm:

Hi all,

I am running XP, factory installed. A week ago I hit the wrong key and my task bar doubled in size at the bottom of the screen.

I wrote Compaq and asked for help and what they told me does not work.

When I slowly run my mouse pointer at the top center and the arrow shows, I am unable to "drag" it down to the original size. The only thing which happens is it disappears.

Can someone help me?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Carole the Kiwi on Sunday, September 21, 2003 - 08:30 am:

Do you have quick launch activated?
If so, right click your task bar and uncheck it. Then try resizing again. I had the same problem for a while. Good luck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By PennT on Monday, September 22, 2003 - 08:17 am:

The task bar has to be unlocked to resize it too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sheikh sarwar on Monday, September 22, 2003 - 03:31 pm:

When you put your cursor on the upper edge(horizontal) of the taskbar, it turns into two-headed cursor. Then you can drag it up to expand it upward, or drag it down to reduce to the original one bar size.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Friday, December 12, 2003 - 03:54 am:

task bar and tool bar taking up most of my screen, can you please tell me how to down size them?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Sunday, December 14, 2003 - 07:59 pm:

If you put your mouse over the edge of the bar, you should get a double-arrow, and can drag it down to the size you want.

If that doesn't work, right-click on Start, and choose Properties, then Taskbar, and check the settings.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page