Losing disk space

TNC Discussion Board: Windows XP help: Losing disk space
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rob on Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 05:45 pm:

Hi, I have a 3gb partition for xp pro.I don't have a swap file on it and system restore is disabled.I had 900mb of free space at one time, but I'm down to zero now.Nothing has been added or downloaded to this partition.What is taking up the space?Could it be a hidden win temp folder?
rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By zzmel on Saturday, September 27, 2003 - 09:52 pm:

How big is your hard drive and how many programs do you have loaded? If your hard drive is telling you that that is all you have, you have to increase the partition. I know that my win xp home alone is quite large; probably 1gb takes up the space. The OS that you have takes up more disk space. It looks like you are using a separate partition just for the OS. If that is the case, than the rest would be used for all your other programs and data. It could be possible that you saved some programs in the main partion. Say you have a 80 Gb hard drive. You allow 3Gb just for the OS. The second partition is used for the rest. If I am not mistaken, I think you have to label the other partition as a separate letter than "C". Someone, please correct if I am wrong.

zzmel

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page