Windows XP To Windows 98 SE

TNC Discussion Board: Windows XP help: Windows XP To Windows 98 SE
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Chuck Dailey on Sunday, July 06, 2003 - 10:49 am:

I have an E-Machine which came w/Win XP and I decided I don't like XP so I completely wiped out XP & installed Win 98 SE. My problem now, is; I only have 16 colors & can't seem to get any more. Also Win 98 cant seem to find the built in sound either. As you may already know, this machine says on the front that it was designed expecially for Win. XP.Does that mean that I absolutely can't run 98 successfully??
Chuck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By zzmel on Saturday, September 27, 2003 - 10:10 pm:

I don't even know if an e-machine would work very well with win XP. I don't know how much memory you have. It seems like you don't have the video drivers setup. If you have an integrated MB, then the video and sound drivers are embedded. You should have the mainboard system disk. Insert it in your CDROM or CD R/W and find the video drivers. Reinstall the video drivers for win 98SE. Did you slide the controls to add more resolution and color? You should be able to get more than 16 colors and higher resolution. If you can't then win98 defaulted to the settings. It happened to me also. I had to install my video drivers.

zzmel

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page