Play older games

TNC Discussion Board: Windows XP help: Play older games
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By penny on Monday, August 04, 2003 - 01:44 pm:

We just bought a newer computer and it has the newer XP in it. Our children want to play 98 games on it, how do they do it? Help please.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Margaret on Saturday, September 20, 2003 - 04:33 pm:

Hi Penny:

I bought a new computer in Dec/2002, I also have winXp (home edition) and I have no problems playing 95 or 98 games on it.

Just put in your disk or floppy (whatever the game is on) and go ahead and play.

Don't know if this will help you or not.

GOOD LUCK

Margo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Margaret on Saturday, September 20, 2003 - 05:01 pm:

Hello again Penny:

If you go to the bottom left corner of your screen and click on start, then click on Help and Support, a page comes up with different options.

Go to the top left corner and in the Search box type the following:

Getting older programs to run on WindowsXP

A page (printer friendly) pops up to your right with full instructions on how to use the compatability wizard to make your games compatible to play in WinXP.

I"m sorry I didn't explain this in full in the first message I sent you.

This will work and your kids can enjoy their games.

I am playing one of the last DOS games they made before they were discontinued, so the compatability wizard does work.

Enjoy your games.

TTFN Margo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Cliff on Saturday, September 27, 2003 - 09:57 am:

Insert the disk the game is on, right click the drive icon and select "properties" from the drop down menu. At the top click on c "compatibility", in the box "run this program as" select windows 95 or windows 98. Click "ok". Then you should be able to play the game. Good luck.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page