How do I disable system restore in windows xp

TNC Discussion Board: Windows XP help: How do I disable system restore in windows xp
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By canaid on Tuesday, August 12, 2003 - 05:07 am:

I want to install a virus removal tool, but do not know how to disable the windows XP restore system. I have been advised to do this as the restore system would just restore the virus. Help! Please! It is urgent! Thanks. Erma

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Jackie on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 02:14 pm:

click Start. Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties. Click the System Restore tab. Select "Turn off System Restore" Click Apply. When the message appears click yes.
Install your tool,remove virus,and then restart your computer.
To turn it back on click Start/ My Compter and then Properties/Click the System Restore tab/Clear the "Turn off System Restore"/ Click Apply, and then click OK. Hope this Helps and not to late. It worked for me as I found this online.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page