Need help to install zipped files in XP - HELP

TNC Discussion Board: Windows XP help: Need help to install zipped files in XP - HELP
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Jen on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 09:01 am:

I have downloaded a file that I need to upload to my computer. I am lost. I am used to windows 98 where I download and then I click RUN and find the file and install. Well with XP I cannot find RUN, instead I downloaded, had to unzip it, said my unzip was successful but what do I don after that? How do I install the files? I click on them and nothing happens or I get error messages. I am going crazy! Please help!

Thank you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 06:23 pm:

"Run" should be on your Start menu. You can search for the unzipped file(s) with Find (Windows Key +F).

What error msgs do you get?

Dianne Reuby

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By binkythebinkster on Sunday, September 21, 2003 - 02:08 pm:

Jen,
In the dialog box where you unzipped your file there should be a drop-down menu (a fill-in box with a down pointed arrow at the far right end). If there is text already in the box it is telling you the location of your unzipped files, which the program chose by default because you didn't specify a location of your own. Next time, click on the Browse button straight to the right of the drop-down menu and pick the location where you would like your files to be unzipped. After the successfully unzipped message, go to the location you picked and look for a file called setup.exe; double left click the setup file and this should take you to the same place as if you used "Run". If only one file is unzipped, most likely it won't be called setup.exe, so double click it instead.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page