Device Driver forEasy Internet Keyboard

TNC Discussion Board: Windows XP help: Device Driver forEasy Internet Keyboard
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Binkythe binkster - reply  3   09/22 04:35pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Gary Robinson on Sunday, September 21, 2003 - 12:22 am:

Anyone had this message ? " The Device Driver for Easy Internet Keyboard device is preventing the machine from entering Standby " Gary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By binkythebinkster on Sunday, September 21, 2003 - 03:08 pm:

Gary,
Haven't had the message but have some ideas where to look for an answer. Try this out and let me know if it doesn't work. Go to Control Panel > System > Hardware tab > Device Manager button and click. On the toolbar, click on the View menu and look for a circular dot to the left of "Devices by Type"; if not there, click on it to make it appear. The dev.mgr. window should have a long, single column of icons with (+) to the left and description headings to the right. Scroll down to the keyboard icon, click on the (+), & then double click on the keyboard icon that appears from clicking the (+). (cont. in next post)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By binkythebinkster on Sunday, September 21, 2003 - 03:10 pm:

(cont. from prev. post)
This should open a folder window containing a tab labeled "Power Management" - click on it to open up to a window showing only two check boxes with descriptions for saving power and using a device to come out of standby. For more specific guidance with your situation, click on the (?) in the far, upper right-hand corner of the window, next to the (X). The pop-up help tips will give you directions for choosing whether to check or uncheck for you circumstances.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Gary Robinson on Sunday, September 21, 2003 - 11:40 pm:

binkytheblinkster - - - Thanks, will try, and Report back Gary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By trey1049 on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 04:18 pm:

I am running Windows XP SP2 with a Dell by Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse. I am getting this same error message. When I follow your instructions into device manager, I do not have a power management tab for the keyboard. It is on other devices, such as network adaptors, but not the keyboard. Any other ideas?

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page