Binkythe binkster - reply

TNC Discussion Board: Windows XP help: Device Driver forEasy Internet Keyboard: Binkythe binkster - reply
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Gary Robinson on Monday, September 22, 2003 - 03:03 pm:

No 'Power Mgement', but 'EIKProperties'/General ( where I get a 'Help Support Error'- "marscore.dll not found". Also found: /Driver/with Pull-down containing Driver Details (Logitech); Update Driver (v1.83.0.0 ); Roll Back Driver; Uninstall.
When I hit the '?', I get nothing but another '?' .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By binkythebinkster on Monday, September 22, 2003 - 04:02 pm:

Gary,
I was assuming your O/S is WinXP; can you confirm and which edition? The error msg. is telling you a required file (a library file) didn't load (was not found). Many time this can be resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling the original source program/application (e.g., CD) containing the missing file. Using the driver details pull-down, write down all info (Mfgr., version, date, etc,) on both the properties page and the driver details page. Look for descrepancies between this info and that from other sources. Make particular note of the currently installed driver version and compare with most recent driver updated version, which your can always find at the device mfgrs. web site. If you don't have the most recent update, you may only need to update the driver. This would also take care of the missing .dll file if it is part of a driver file. (cont.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By binkythebinkster on Monday, September 22, 2003 - 04:35 pm:

Forgot to ask: Are there any yellow (?) or black (!) in a yellow circle, or green circles, any red (X), or any other similar markings in Device Manager? Make sure to check all Views from the View menu, i.e., View by Type, Connection, Show Hidden Devices-all 4 combinations of these. There are a couple other possiblities you should consider. How is your keyboard connected? USB, P/S2, P/S2-USB adapter? Also it would probably be a good idea to eliminate any compatibility issues. Check to see if both your hardware and software pass WHQL testing, i.e., are they digitally signed? If none of this works, you might try rolling back the driver option. This is useful if your system worked without problem using a previous, older version of your driver. The first question to answer though is how the keyboard is connected; if USB, is it connected directly into the computer or thru a Hub? Is it USB 1.1 (most likely) or 2.0?

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page