VOLUME

TNC Discussion Board: Windows XP help: VOLUME
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Romona Cox on Saturday, September 27, 2003 - 12:50 pm:

I USE TO HAVE LITTLE MARKS AT THE BOTTOM OF MY SCREEN,(LETTING ME KNOW HOW HIGH)WHEN I HIT THE VOLUME,BUT NOW THEY HAVE DISAPPEARED.HOW CAN I GET THEM BACK?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Sunday, September 28, 2003 - 11:54 am:

Hi Romona

I don`t know if this is what you are referring to but this will allow you to adjust the volume
Go to start and open up control panel then double click the sounds and audio device icon.
Click on volume in the box that opens and tick the box (place volume icon in taskbar) click apply and then ok. There will now be an icon on the taskbar, left click it and the volume adjuster will appear other options are available if you right click it.
Hope this helps
Tex

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Romona Cox on Sunday, September 28, 2003 - 06:26 pm:

no there was little hash marks,at the bottom of the screen,to let me know how high or low the volume was when I turn it up or down.They would start where the start button is and go across the screen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Saturday, October 04, 2003 - 04:46 pm:

Hi Romona
Sorry I`m late getting back to you (been on holiday). It looks like the audio program you are using sets this up as part of its operating system, maybe somewhere in its settings you can switch it on and off. Maybe another audio player become the default player. It maybe worthwhile to reinstall your audio player program.

Tex

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ROMONA COX on Tuesday, October 14, 2003 - 07:34 pm:

HOW DO I GO ABOUT REINSTALLING MY AUDIO PLAYER WITHOUT HAVE TO TAKE MY COMPUTER BACK?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jgvernonco on Wednesday, October 15, 2003 - 03:03 pm:

Did you get a set of restore disks with your computer?

In fact, please give us the Maker, Model, whatever you know about it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Romona Cox on Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 01:15 pm:

NO I DID NOT GET ANY RESTORE DISKS WHEN I BOUGHT THE COMPUTER. I HAVE XP HOME (BUILD2600)
HP PAVILION 04 P5269A-ABA 7955 70000TG101AMAZO

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Romona Cox on Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 01:24 pm:

Name Intel(r) 82801BA/BAM AC'97 Audio Controller
Manufacturer Intel
Status OK
PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2445&SUBSYS_806A1043&REV_12\3&61AAA01&0&FD
I/O Port 0x0000FE00-0x0000FEFF
I/O Port 0x0000FF40-0x0000FF7F
IRQ Channel IRQ 17
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\ac97intc.sys (5.10.3523 built by: WinDDK, 94.00 KB (96,256 bytes), 7/25/2003 11:20 PM)

I FOUND THIS IN SYSTEM INFORMATION,DON'T KNOW IF THATS WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR OR NOT,BUT IT WAS UNDER SOUND DEVICE.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jgvernonco on Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 11:53 pm:

Oh Dear, "status OK".

I have to tell you that one of the greatest ripoffs of the 21st century is the sale of computers without restore disks. HP and Compaq have become notorious for selling machines through large marketers (eg, Walmart) and not providing restore disks to cut costs.

Two options:

Call HP and tell them that you system "crashed", "blue screen", "nothing". If your computer is under warranty, they should send you the disks for free. If not, there will be a nominal charge (don't pay more than $20 without talking to us again).

Below is the link to my favorite tech support site. Perhaps they can solve your problem in the short term, but I suspect that they will tell you to contact HP.

http://www.techsupportforums.com/

Keep in touch with us here, and we'll try to keep you "out of the fire".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Romona Cox on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 09:14 pm:

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP,I CALLED HP AND THEY ARE SENDING ME RESTORE DISKS,FOR A SMALL FEE.SHOULD BE UP AND RUNNING IN NO TIME AT ALL.THANKS AGAIN.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 12:44 pm:

Just a note... every media player has a setting that allows you to make it the default player, this can be checked on or off, for which ever you want to use.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page