How can I find my Windows Explorer

TNC Discussion Board: Windows XP help: How can I find my Windows Explorer
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By 5372@exp.com.au on Sunday, October 05, 2003 - 12:44 pm:

My desktop has an icon "Windows Explorer". When I click this I get "My Documnets" folder. But NO Explorer! Can't find Windows Explorer anywhere.
Any help from someone?

Harry Maerten.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Sunday, October 05, 2003 - 03:43 pm:

In XP, its under Start, AllPrograms, Accessories. I can't remember where it is on 98.

You can start it with Win Key+E in 98, but in XP this opens My Computer!

You can search for it with Find (Win Key + F), the program name is explore.exe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Sunday, October 05, 2003 - 06:01 pm:

Hi Harry
The My Documents folder is really the Windows Explorer but not fully expanded.
If you expand the My Computer icon all your drives will open up then you can expand your drive (normally C drive)and then explore at leisure. Or you can select your drive by clicking on the down arrow from the drop down menu within the Address Bar.
Hope this helps...Tex

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Sunday, October 05, 2003 - 11:55 pm:

Harry, are you looking for Internet Explorer, to go online with? That's a different icon.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page