Scan disk problem

TNC Discussion Board: Windows XP help: Scan disk problem
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Gillian on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 10:08 pm:

does it take longer to scan disk in xp home, mine just took almost 3 hours defrag went alot quicker, should it be done in safe mode?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jgvernonco on Monday, October 13, 2003 - 12:07 pm:

Absolutely better to do it in safe mode; it does speed things up.

Another thing that helps is doing it weekly, as there is far less to do, then. Doing it weekly, you probably won't need to go to safemode.

Doing both operations more often will also add life to your hard drive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Gillian on Monday, October 13, 2003 - 03:53 pm:

Thank you iqvernonco will try again this evening

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Gillian on Tuesday, October 14, 2003 - 10:01 pm:

Have just done a disk scan and defrag on my xp plus did a disk clean up first all completed in 1 hour 10 mins. Thank you for the help

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jgvernonco on Wednesday, October 15, 2003 - 03:04 pm:

Delighted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Cathryn Peters on Saturday, April 24, 2004 - 04:33 pm:

I've never been able to make the Disk Defrag or Scan Disk work on my Home edition of XP, although I have been able to Clean Disks. Do you have any idea why they won't work, I tried to do it in Safe Mode and still they wouldn't work at all.

When I clicked on the Disk Defrag, the icon went to the bottom toolbar area of my screen and Display wouldn't work or anything else. We've had this computer now for two years, never been scanned or defragged!

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page