Deleting log files

TNC Discussion Board: Windows XP help: Deleting log files
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Friday, October 24, 2003 - 12:01 am:

Is it safe to delete all the log files in windows xp? Also would like to know if there is anyway to open data file folders? I have noticed several different file extensions in xp that I never seen on 98 or me. What is the .nls file? Thanks for any help on any of these questions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Friday, October 24, 2003 - 12:20 am:

.nls files are
national language support files
Tex

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By texcritter on Friday, October 24, 2003 - 05:19 pm:

a .DAT file. can be just about anything: text, graphic, or general binary data. You can use an editor like UltraEdit to look inside a .DAT file and possible determine its contents and relationship with a program.
Tex

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 03:07 am:

Thanks Tex, where would I get Ultraedit? Can dat files be deleted I have some that r rather large in size? Do u know if it is safe to delete all log files? Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By texcritter on Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 04:27 pm:

Ultraedit can be found here {http://www.ultraedit.com/
Data files are used by specific programs and they need them to run certain operations.You need to know what is in the data file before you even think of deleting it. If you know the program the file is associated with and you can reinstall it then you could chance deleting it.
Log files are a bit safer to delete but as above you need to know its associations and importance.
Hope this helps...Tex

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page