Back up

TNC Discussion Board: Windows XP help: Back up
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Romona Cox on Sunday, November 02, 2003 - 11:45 am:

I was told there is a back up in my system tools.Well I can't find mine.Could it be some where else? Really need to do some back ups.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Sunday, November 02, 2003 - 06:24 pm:

Romona - - - I had to reinstall my XP software disc to get Backup; it does not install automatically.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By texcritter on Sunday, November 02, 2003 - 06:28 pm:

Hi Romona
Backup should be in system tools, however if you use the search facility on the Start menu and search all files and folders option. Put in Backup and then press search.
Hope this helps...Tex

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Romona Cox on Tuesday, November 04, 2003 - 12:24 pm:

I checked my system tools,but there was no backup.I went and did a search for backup and the only thing it brings up is a program that I down loaded(can't get that to work,lol)I was told XP has a backup but I still can't find it.I'm waiting for my software disc of XP that I ordered from HP,(mine didn't have one when I bought it).Any other place I can look to see if its on my machine?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Wednesday, November 05, 2003 - 01:13 pm:

go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System tools > System Restore.

System restore does backup and restore (they could have names it a bit more helpfully!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Romona Cox on Friday, November 07, 2003 - 01:09 pm:

I went to system tools>system restore,and to tell you the truth,it has no place in there to make a back up.It has "restore my computer to an earlier time/create a restore point/undo my last restore point."I need something to back up my work that I've done and to save music,pictures,letters.The only thing I can find to use on XP would be "record now program" which I can make a data disk there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Saturday, November 08, 2003 - 08:48 pm:

That's the program -
Create a restore point (that's the backup option)

Just enter a name, for example "Before updating Windows" or "Before installing Program X" and it will save your system. Then if you uninstall, or the Windows update wrecks your system, you can restore to that point.

Dianne Reuby

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Saturday, November 08, 2003 - 08:50 pm:

Sorry - didn't read your post properly! I think you'll need a third-party program to backup data, I've tried several - if you visit http://www.webattack.com there are several both freeware and shareware that should help you.

Dianne Reuby

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page