XP shutdown message

TNC Discussion Board: Windows XP help: XP shutdown message
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By mike on Sunday, November 02, 2003 - 07:43 pm:

I'm running windows xp professional on a newly upgraded computer. Once I log on about every 1/2 hour or so (time varies) a popup window appears saying basically I have 1 minute to save all my work because windows will be shutting down.Along with that message it also states: "Windows must now restart because the Remote Procedure Call(PRC) service terminated unexpectedly". What does this mean ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jgvernonco on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 01:42 am:

Take a look at the link below. If you need more info or help, let us know.

In fact, please let us know if this solves it, too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jgvernonco on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 01:43 am:

Oh, yeah, the link.

http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1831.html

(I think the flu's coming on).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By mike on Wednesday, November 05, 2003 - 07:10 am:

Seems to have solved my problem. Thank you

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page