CANNOT DELETE NORTON INTERNET SECURITY 2004

TNC Discussion Board: Windows XP help: CANNOT DELETE NORTON INTERNET SECURITY 2004
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Trying deleting 2004 and trying to add 2005  1   10/24 09:46pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Jen on Saturday, November 15, 2003 - 02:08 am:

HELP! I am using windows XP at work, we just installed Norton Internet Security 2004 Professional. After installing, I cannot get my email, cannot log into things like paypal and bank account pages or any pages basically that I need a password for. The book explains how to uninstall, however, during the process there is no Nortons to be found so I have nothing to click to uninstall it. I tried their tech support to no avail ... PLEASE HELP! Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jgvernonco on Monday, November 17, 2003 - 05:37 am:

Don't worry about uninstall, worry about configuration. I am sorry that I can't "step-by-step" you, but I don't use that package. It is not the security suite, it is how it has been configured. It might even be that security settings are too high.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Jen on Monday, November 17, 2003 - 07:38 am:

I thought that may be the problem since I cannot log into password type things but I cannot get to any security settings or configure anything either. The book shows areas that you can change the settings etc but anything I press only gives me a "you do not have the authority to make these changes" message. The ONLY thing it allows me to do is scan for viruses. I cannot even get the updates, it tells me I need to download updates but I keep getting an error message. The book said if you get that message to uninstall ...but alas I cannot. Any other advice??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jgvernonco on Monday, November 17, 2003 - 04:22 pm:

Check out this forum about Symantec products. You may be able to find some help there.

http://www.tek-tips.com/gthreadminder.cfm/lev2/3/lev3/21/pid/742

If it doesn't work out (or, even if it does), would you post back here and let us know?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By docrich on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 02:41 pm:

Hi Jen
I had a similar problem wanting to access the Internet & getting my own emails @ work.
For what its worth, because of the size of the Co I work for here in the UK (4000 employees), the IT Dept prevent ANY member of staff using, say AOL. The reasoning is that with AOL, any attachments to your email could carry viruses.
This is 1 reason, they also have at LEAST 2 if not 3 Firewalls in their system to ensure top security of clients personal details(Data Protection Act 1998)
It may be worth having a 'discreet' word with any colleagues who may be in a similar situation, & take it from there.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page