System error message

TNC Discussion Board: Windows XP help: System error message
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Kruzn on Friday, January 09, 2004 - 04:31 am:

G'day
Am a new Newbie and wish to consult your infinite Knowledge base.I have an error message that seems to arrive occasionally on booting of my machine that works off XP pro. It reads: Isass.exe- system error.
An I/O operation initiated by the registry failed unrecoverably. The registry could not read in,or write out,or flush,one of the files that contain the systems image of the registry.
Could anyone give me a fix please!!!
Thank you to anyone who may help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Friday, January 09, 2004 - 02:47 pm:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[ln];winxp&product=msall

is the WinXP support site (Make sure you copy the whole link - or just go to http://support.microsoft.com and choose WinXP)

Do a search for that program name, or the message number if you have it, or some of your "keywords" such as "system error".
That will give you links to solutions to any problems that might be causing it.

Let me know if you need more help with the MS support site - I've spent a lot of time there over the last few years! :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Kruzn on Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 04:33 pm:

Thanks dreuby
Have been searching the site with some satisfaction on some other problems I've encountered in past but this one seems to be tough to find out.No matches found.Have tried key words like system error,registry etc.Even phrases about the message.Will try email MS.Or my computa friend.Trouble understanding his geek. Much appreciated.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page