XP Pro network seeing DSL but not other computers

TNC Discussion Board: Windows XP help: XP Networking: XP Pro network seeing DSL but not other computers
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Monday, January 19, 2004 - 06:42 pm:

I have XP Pro and it is networked successfully on both computers when accessing the internet.

However, the two computers cannot "see" each other. Both are setup correctly as far as settings go and are here as follows per my computer repair and configurer. He says I will have to come in to have it adjusted right (over 100 miles). Anyway, I also am told not to use the wizard as this is a video editing machine, so my internet and other connections are direct and not through the wizard. Here are the settings:
Network Connections:
LAN
DHCP enabled
IP=192.168.1.101
subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
default gateway: 192.168.1.1

TCP/IP: Obrain automatically
Obtain DNS automatically

When looking at the C: drive it does show the share hand, but does not show the other computer.
I could go on, but that should get the juices flowing for those that might have a suggestion from here.

Thanks,
Alicia

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page