Upgrading "Contacts" address book from 98SE to XP

TNC Discussion Board: Windows XP help: Upgrading "Contacts" address book from 98SE to XP
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Monday, February 09, 2004 - 06:30 pm:

We recently upgraded from Windows 98 / Office 97 to Windows XP/Office
2000. We backed up the Outlook 97 Contacts program (Address Book)
(not Outlook Express) to the archive folder. After the upgrade, we copied it from archive to the current Outlook 2000 Contacts program.

PROBLEM...when we try to use the address book to send Email, it's empty. It doesn't recognize the Outlook 97 address book.The MS website says to import it, but is unclear how to do it. I'd rather copy it first in case something goes wrong. I don't have time to do individual copy & paste to XP. Any suggestions?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Monday, February 09, 2004 - 08:43 pm:

I've only just started using Outlook, and I don't use the email side of it. I imported from another app with the wizard - File, Imort and Export - and then chose "from other apps". I should think the "Internet mail and addresses" option should work. Have you tried this?

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page