Uploading pages on website

TNC Discussion Board: Windows XP help: Uploading pages on website
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Maude Theriault on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 07:44 pm:

Allo, my name is Maude and I am French and a Newbie so I have problems. I made a website with 1and1.com where you do not have to have html to design pages. But the problem is that I want to copy html from other websites like Newbieclub and I have to upload from a personal editor. I have bought the book how to build a website which I needed only to learn to upload but I can t make it out in lesson 3 of that book. I have downloaded frontpage2000 from eversoft.com but I don t know how to proceed and where to find the editor. Can anyone help me. Thank you. I have xp.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Tuesday, February 24, 2004 - 03:54 pm:

Hello Maude - I wish my French was as good as your English :)

I have looked at 1and1.com, and tried out their test page creator. My "test" page had this on it:
==========
You can delete or change text on each page by clicking on 'Manage pages' and then on 'Edit page content'. This will open a special editor where you can change, add, and delete texts (including this one). You can delete or create entire paragraph using the editor in the same way you would write a Word document.
==============
So using "Manage Pages" and then "Edit page" should let you change your text on your page. You should be able to copy and paste onto the editor.

Ask about this if you need more ... now to your next question :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Tuesday, February 24, 2004 - 04:02 pm:

Next Question ...
Do you want to create a new site, but not using 1and1.com builder?

FrontPage is not from Evrsoft - 1stPage is Evrsofts HTML editor. I have used 1stPage, so I can answer any questions on that. I have not used FrontPage, but I know people who have, so ask any questions and I will try to find an answer.

You will find it easier to use an HTML editor like 1stPage or FrontPage if you learn HTML first. Once you have made your page, then you will have to upload it to your web space using another program.

Do you want to learn HTML?

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page