Internal speaker off but still hear dialup noise?

TNC Discussion Board: Windows XP help: Internal speaker off but still hear dialup noise?
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Ken Jordan on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 08:03 am:

How can I get rid of the internal speaker noise when I dial up on my modem? The modem speaker and internal speaker are both turned off but the noise is still there? I have xp home and my old 98se went quiet when I turned off the internal speaker. How come I still get the noxious dial up noise if my speakers are off? Can I just go in and manually unplug my internal speaker? Or????
Many thanks,
Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Ken Jordan on Thursday, April 01, 2004 - 09:14 pm:

Can anyone help on this issue?

Thanks,
Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Ken Jordan on Monday, April 05, 2004 - 08:31 am:

Ok, now im gonna talk to myself so as to generate enough hopeful interest someday that maybe someone will notice my question and be able to help. lol :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Monday, April 05, 2004 - 12:17 pm:

Found it at last! If you go to Phone and Modem options in Control Panel, then on the modem tab click "properties". On the "modem" tab, you can set the volume from "off" to loudest". I've just turned mine up so I can be sure it's dialling (above the roar of my children!)

Dianne Reuby
http://www.swindonvirtualoffice.co.uk

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page