Norton AntiVirus Software Problem

TNC Discussion Board: Windows XP help: Norton AntiVirus Software Problem
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Sue L. on Thursday, April 01, 2004 - 06:57 am:

I have Windows XP Home Edition running Norton Antivirus. Recently, when I boot up my Norton Antivirus loads "Disabled". I bring it up on my screen and it "Refreshes itself and works fine. This does not happen every time, but more times than not. I am wondering what has caused this to start happening?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Ken Jordan on Thursday, April 01, 2004 - 09:12 pm:

Hi Sue,

I would first try resetting norton. Go into norton and turn it off while offline. Reboot. Then go back in and set norton to auto on and reboot. Sounds like its tied up with something else which it is famous for doing. Have you scanned for any trojans, worms, etc. that may try to turn it off? Good luck.

Ken

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page