Transferring emails on aol.com & hotmail.com to hard drive

TNC Discussion Board: Windows XP help: Transferring emails on aol.com & hotmail.com to hard drive
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By docrich on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 02:26 pm:

Hi Guys, As a newbie to the internet, I'm in the process of getting my website under way.
What I want to know asap is if there's a s-i-m-p-l-e 'step by step' way of getting various emails transferred directly on to my hard drive??
I also need to be able to edit certain info on these emails for future web development.
Specs as follows:Notebook with OS=XP Home,2.6Ghzprocessor,40GB hard disk, 512MbRAM Cache, CD-RW & DVD integral drive.
My initial thoughts were to transfer email to CD-Rw, if so how do I do this? again in step by step process.
Thanx Richard (aka docrich)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 05:38 pm:

I don't know if AOL and Hotmail allow you to download email to your hard drive, and their "help" doesn't reveal any info! If you can't, you may have to copy and paste the text of each email manually :( You could then edit them in a text editor, and save them as plain text ready to paste into your web page(s).

Copying to CD - you'll probably have a CD program, like Nero. If not, XP writes to CD. Right-click a file, and choose "Send to" and your CD drive. When you've selected the files, there should be a "bubble" at the bottom of the screen allowing you to write the files to CD.

Dianne Reuby

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page