Welcome message

TNC Discussion Board: Windows XP help: Deleting pics from display properties: Welcome message
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Wednesday, May 19, 2004 - 01:25 am:

when i turn on my pc it does'nt say welcome anymore---how do i fix this?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Wednesday, May 19, 2004 - 06:23 pm:

From Help:
You must have a computer administrator account to turn the Use the Welcome screen feature on or off.

Open User Accounts in Control Panel.
Click Change the way users log on or off.

To specify that users log on to the computer using the Welcome screen, select the Use the Welcome screen check box.
A user logs on to the computer by clicking his or her user account name on the Welcome screen. If a password is assigned to the account, the user is prompted to type it.

Hope this helps!
Dianne Reuby
http://www.swindonvirtualoffice.co.uk

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Thursday, May 20, 2004 - 03:49 pm:

Dianne---that did'nt work!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Friday, May 21, 2004 - 10:00 am:

What happens when you start up your PC?

Dianne

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Friday, May 21, 2004 - 10:03 am:

Is your PC part of a workgroup (several PCs linked together to share printers, etc)? If so, this might apply:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305281

Dianne

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Friday, May 21, 2004 - 07:02 pm:

Dianne,no it's not a part of work group! When I start my PC it goes through the normal routine then goes to welcome & goes to my icon page:ok

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page