Backup

TNC Discussion Board: Windows XP help: Deleting pics from display properties: Backup
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By linda on Monday, May 24, 2004 - 03:56 pm:

I want to backup files to a cd-rom----but can't find back-up to open---they tell me to go to accessories,then system tools,then click on back-up but it's not listed there--all there is---is:character map;disk cleanup;disk defrag;files&settings transfer wizard;scheduled tasks;system info and system restore! somebody please help; this is my first time trying to do this; so if you could make it easy for me i'd appreciate it----------thanx linda

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Monday, May 24, 2004 - 08:35 pm:

I think Backup is part of XP that isn't installed automatically! You'll have to go to Add/Remove in Control Panel, and choose Add, then Windows Update.

It will ask for your Windows CD, so have it ready. You can then follow the instructions to add Backup to your PC.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By linda on Monday, May 24, 2004 - 08:55 pm:

dreuby----I don't know what to do---when i click on windows update--it took me to the windows update page --I did'nt know what to do so I'm asking again for help! linda--e-mail me!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By linda on Monday, May 24, 2004 - 09:04 pm:

dreuby-----linda again---I did something I think I should'nt of ---I hit the add&remove window components ---and it confiqured something I don't know what---but if it's wrong how do I fix it????????? linda please e-mail me

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By linda on Tuesday, May 25, 2004 - 10:53 am:

dreuby-you can e-mail me at chimeslover@mchsi.com---thanx-linda

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page